With all the rain this year the bankside growth has been phenomenal, I’m starting to struggle with my 8′ 4#, so it’s over to the Marryat 7′ 4# for the last part of the season, just right for flicking dries and nymphs under the overhanging vegetation where the trout will be.
The Marryat Tactical Rod is the result of a full year’s research and combines the input from some of the world’s finest fisherman, including two world fly fishing champions, the best manufacturers with a great deal of experience and hundreds of hours casting and fishing.
This light-weight modern rod is powerful, fast and accurate suited to both dry-fly and nymph fishing, it looks good and is so light and so responsive that it meets all of the fly fishers demands and expectations.
• 4-piece construction packs away for ease of travel in a specially designed cloth bag and its own embroidered cordura tube – square cross-section prevents it from rolling off the car or out of the boat!
• Hard-chrome titanium single-foot rings for improved action and reduced weight with matching low profile, lined stripping guide rings.
• Top quality cork handle with green aluminum fittings and a maple burl wood spacer compliments the beautiful deep green blank and whippings.
• Available in #3, #4, #5, #6 and #7/8, in lengths 7 foot, 8 foot, 9 foot and 10 foot lengths.
• The high modulus blank has been specially designed to be light weight, accurate and provide the power to punch a big lure into the wind or delicately present a dry-fly under a tree.